Positions are available for both entry-level and experienced industrial hygienists.
All candidates should have the following:
Candidates for experienced industrial hygienist positions should have the following:
- AA or BS Degree Preferred
- 1-5 years experience, preferably in consulting
- NIOSH 582 course or equivalent
- Experience in reading PCM samples on site
- EPA accreditation in the following disciplines:
- Asbestos supervisor
- Asbestos inspector
- Asbestos management planner
- Lead inspector/technician
- Experience conducting indoor air quality surveys
- General industrial hygiene experience
Duties include performing site surveys in buildings that involve inspections, using field instrumentation and/or collecting air, bulk material, surface and/or water samples, and writing reports. Abatement monitoring and development of abatement specifications are also part of the job. The majority of the work involves asbestos and lead paint. Some of the work involves indoor air quality. On occasion traditional industrial hygiene work is performed in manufacturing environments.
The job involves mostly local travel. The majority of the work is performed in the Baltimore/Washington corridor; Maryland; Washington, DC; and northern Virginia, and is within a 1-hour radius from our location near Baltimore/Washington International (BWI) airport. On occasion, work is performed in other states such as Delaware and Ohio.
Much of the work is performed for government agencies (federal and local governments) and architectural/engineering firms. Property management firms also comprise a significant portion of our client base.